KEEPER OF THE FARMHOUSE

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall is Here!

   I have just decided that I am not the best blogger in bloggerland.  I love reading other blogs, but never realy feel like I have anything to say that anyone would want to read but I am going to post anyway. Can I say first, that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, FALL!!!!!  I so love all of the Fall colors and the feel in the air! I even think Fall has it's own smell.  I love seatshirts and jeans and cool breezes and fires in the fire pit!

   I didn't quilt at all last winter, so I am making that my priority this year because I miss working on my quilts. This is one that I started hand piecing a couple years ago, but was unsure of the colors working together and I quit. Well, I got it back out and started on it again and now that it is coming together, I am liking it a little more.  Showed it to my husband however, and he said it wasn't his favorite and that it was Too pink! Well, I have never made a quilt with pink in it and when I started I thought it could be for my grandaughter and the pattern called for a pinkish background anyway so that is what I did.  What does he know anyway!  Would love some honest opinions on it from all of you!


                                                                             

Been working on wood signs too and was going to have a booth at a local fair a coupld of weeks ago but it was an awful weekend as far as the weather goes...rainy and cold and I didn't set up.  I think they even ended up closing up early it was so bad.  Been selling some signs on my ETSY site and at work so that is working out pretty good!






     
My little studio at my farm in Ohio! I love it and really hate that I can't be there all the time to do the things that I want to it!
Maybe one of these days!

13 comments:

  1. your quilt is gorgeous - absolutely lovely. and your signs are really cute hope to see more posts from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have missed you lots, girl! Glad to see you back.

    I'm not a fan of pink but I love that quilt! I think your granddaughter would love it, I know my preteen daughter would.

    Your signs are so wonderful! I'm sure it's not hard for you to sale them. You do such a great job on them. Love your studio! That's the perfect place to sit, relax, and create. I wish I had it.

    Have a grand fall weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful. It look like it was a lot of work. Don't listen to your husband! It's wonderful and you can never have to much pink. My husband doesn't like the fabrics I selected for my niece's quilt but I do so.....
    I love your signs! I saw a lot of signs for sake in PA but didn't buy any. Do you have a website??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your studio!!! Looks like you have been busy! I believe that the cross stitch pattern is from blackbird but I will look when I get back from work. I do believe it is discontinued..but I do believe I still have the pattern. I will get back to you! Thanks for stopping by. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for following my blog. I am so glad you did because now I've found yours which is lovely.
    The pink works well in your quilt and your grandaughter will just love it. I am off to look at your signs now - and to add my name to your followers. Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, You have been busy. I adore signs too although I have never made one. Take care and thanks for stopping by my blog. Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leisha,
    I LOVE the quilt, it is beautiful! your cross stitch snowman is adorable, too. Your farm house picture at the top of your blog is amazing. WE live on a farm, but our house is a more modern looking farmhouse. Sometimes I wish we would have built one that looks more like your picture. I tried, but my honey had a dsay in the house as well, since he was building it! LOL
    I lok forward to reading your blog more often!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I make wood signs too! My daughter has a vinyl cutter and we do the wood and vinyl signs. We started that about 7 years ago, I would love to learn how to make the signs like yours. They are amazing!
    Hugs,Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pink in the quilt and your blog!! Hugs, Mary
    Mary-myneedlethreadblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our qualified spray tan artist will customize the color to your skin tone, giving you the best, most natural look imaginable.
    Check this out
    Mobile Airbrush Tan Austin.
    We are always happy to answer any of your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey,
    I’m impressed by your blog. Absolutely amazing work.


    ReplyDelete
  13. The neighborhood is close to shopping, restaurants, and the beaches of myrtle beach investments. Prices for Shaftesbury glen homes range from $245,000 to $300,000. The homes for sale here are a combination of modern amenities and classic charm.

    ReplyDelete