KEEPER OF THE FARMHOUSE

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I've been snowed in too long!

    I have been cleaning my craft room, studio, work space, whatever you want to call it and quite frankly, it will probably not look this good again for a while, so I thought I would share a few pictures with you. Still probably not to the level of organized, or cleanliness for that matter as some of you, but for me......well, we will not go there!  The only bad thing about organizing and cleaning in there is that it makes me not want to work on anything becaue I don't want to mess it back up! Any suggestions that you have, would be greatly appreciated! The only thing that I am planning on changing soon, is moving my books to our family room and a new bookshelf soon, so I will have a whole new cabinet to put more stuff in!!!!!!  I can't wait!  Hoping to organize and have some of my fabric in there so that it is easier to get to instead of under my table and in the closet!



The view from my dest.






Recently bought these in the tool section to hold my DMC floss and they work really well!

My design wall for quilting. It's pretty small and probably needs to be bigger but so far it's working ok for me.





An aquaintance whoes mother passed away, gave me this basket of thead! It's in an old Petersborough basket company basket and i love it! She used to work at a coat factory where they used this thread. That was several years go but thread is still in great shape and I have been using it!
                      

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are organized!
    love your view, simply breathtaking!
    keep warm!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, WOW!!
    Everything looks so neat and tidy.
    Im embarrassed sitting here and looking around my very messing and Unorganized craft room.
    Thank goodness no one can see my room. :)
    Great job.
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks so lovely....I could just come and watch you work...what fun that would be. Blessings to you, Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, I am so envious of your clean, organized room!! Well first of all, I'm just envious you have a whole room to create in, haha! I have to wait till one of my kids moves out (which I'm not ready for so I'll settle for just a space).

    I love your "inspirational shelves" with pictures and keepsakes. That view is awesome! I'm sure it is beautiful in all seasons.

    The basket of fabrics is a great idea. I have lots of little pieces that get lost with my big pieces. I need to pull them out and do this. Not only is it functional but decorative too, I really like that!

    I don't quilt, but your design wall is awesome! Love the floss organizer also, mine are in baggies in a ring but I like your idea much better! That basket of thread is very neat! How sweet of them to pass it on to you. I would be using it too.

    I really enjoyed taking a tour of your organized, clean craft room! I picked up some great tips to use. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Have a wonderful weekend Leisha~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your craft room. It sure looks a lot better than mine. I would love to know where you purchased the Live Well... decals. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you have your DMC floss stored.

    ReplyDelete